puchasr

May 27, 2015
NW Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The water level in my agp is about level with the skimmer bottom. And on top of the winter cover there's a layer of about 4-6 inches of water and ice. Should I lower the level of water on top of the winter cover or the water off the pool, or both? And in which order if it makes a difference. Temperatures are forecast to drop to 20° and I want to avoid damage to cover, skimmer, etc. Any advice will be appreciated.

Sounds like you don't have a cover pump to keep it drained off. Do you have any flotation pillows or anything under the cover in the middle to help give it like a tent peek to help it drain off?

Sounds like you don't have a cover pump to keep it drained off. Do you have any flotation pillows or anything under the cover in the middle to help give it like a tent peek to help it drain off?

I do have a pillow under the cover and I just used a manual pump to drop the water level about 2" below skimmer. I hope this will be enough to keep ice from skimmer.
I just wasn't sure if removing water will settle the ice and pull down on the cover. I'll just keep an eye on the tension ofthe cover's cable and make sure is not pulling the walls inwards.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.