Another New Build in South Louisiana

Everything has been going great so far. The pool builder has been uploading pics everyday as promised and gunite is scheduled for Friday or Saturday. I'll spare you guys all of the pics, but here's some of the PB's, plus some of ours with the dogs checking out their new yard. :)

YulmPKs.jpg

PIb7rBC.jpg

RBAtBvg.png

b9xGBYk.png

We're going to pick out our stone tomorrow. Also, we're still not 100% on our tile or plaster yet, but we've got it narrowed down pretty well. For tile I think we're going with Iridium Patina Green:

QreV1py.jpg

And for the finish I believe we'll go with St Martin Shade, but Anvil is in the running, as well.

6TVK52l.png

I4dnxGj.png

We are only about 60 miles apart as a the crow flies and your yard looks really dry compared to mine. I have a partially dug muddy mess.

St. Martin shade was my top pick if I did Quartzscapes. We are using Diamondbrite and have picked Steel Blue which has a very similar look.

we are still agonizing over a tile choice. I really like the one you posted. Who is the manufacturer?

We are only about 60 miles apart as a the crow flies and your yard looks really dry compared to mine. I have a partially dug muddy mess.

St. Martin shade was my top pick if I did Quartzscapes. We are using Diamondbrite and have picked Steel Blue which has a very similar look.

we are still agonizing over a tile choice. I really like the one you posted. Who is the manufacturer?

We've been lucky with rain so far. The yard was awfully soggy on Monday, but it has dried up since. We did have some light rain last night, but nothing too bad. Tonight isn't looking good though and this weekend it's supposed to get cold. Hopefully, that doesn't slow us down too much.

Here's the website for the tile. All Tiles | National Pool Tile Group

We keep going back and fourth between Iridium Patina Green, Gemstone Blue or Emerald and Tuscany Pietra Azul. I don't think we can go wrong with either choice really
My wife is pretty set on St Martin Shade as the pool color, but I like Anvil better. I'm not sure if this is a battle that I will win. I'm going to see if I can convert her though.​

I bet the dogs has a blast checking out everything!

Kim

Oh, they're loving it so far.

I like the pool shape! It looks big too!

Thanks, Jamie.

That is a nice looking pool. This is where you can really see what it looks like! I love it!

Now start watering it aka bonding with it! LOL

Do you have kids or pets? If so please think about putting tennis balls or such on the ends of the rebar. Better safe than sorry.

Do you have your test kit yet? If not think about going ahead and ordering it. Look in my siggy to see the one we use and love!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I haven't posted in a while, but things are moving along nicely for us and their pouring concrete today. The owner of the company told me last weekend that in another 2-3 weeks we won't even know that they were there other than having a new pool. Here's each day's Album Cover as a sneak peak...

I6fJE6q.png

you can see that the project manager got married the last week of December (hence why there were no pics then).

Last, but not least is "Moochie: King of the Empty Pool":

N9WtnIn.png

92896dc8bd9157b4884a528457fcc497.jpg

Very nice! I like the shape, extra benches, and deep tanning ledge. How deep is the tanning ledge going to be?

12 inches

We're putting the finishing touches on our pool. Here's a pic of the landscaping my wife and I did last weekend.

c85f65af5f455d87eeb135aa990de93a.jpg

5a3b707d553c378d3818bb3e41d1f19d.jpg

I'll post more when we're finished. In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas on blocking my neighbors eye sores from our pool? I'm considering a "living green screen", but I'm worried about building something too tall with the wind we get from storms. Trees would be another option, but I'm worried about the roots potentially breaking the pipes.

I can't find the link at the moment, but someone on here once mentioned a kind of bamboo that did not send out runners and spread like other kinds of bamboo, but still grew quickly and provided nice screening. I'll try to see if I can find it, but that might be an idea if it fits the look you're going for.

Here is the thread I was referencing, specifically post #12. I hope it helps.
Seeking Pool Landscaping ideas -- hot in Texas, pool has direct sun

Last edited:
I had started to say...nice RV. Oops. Landscaping looks great! Are the palmish looking ones in pots because you need to be able to bring them inside for frost? It's a nice look, and just a small bit of recurring maintenance.

I can't find the link at the moment, but someone on here once mentioned a kind of bamboo that did not send out runners and spread like other kinds of bamboo, but still grew quickly and provided nice screening. I'll try to see if I can find it, but that might be an idea if it fits the look you're going for.

Here is the thread I was referencing, specifically post #12. I hope it helps.
Seeking Pool Landscaping ideas -- hot in Texas, pool has direct sun

Thanks, Jamie! We have actually been considering bamboo. We're thinking of growing it in tubs and decorating the tubs with bamboo reed. That's the best/least expensive idea we've came up with so far anyway.

I had started to say...nice RV. Oops. Landscaping looks great! Are the palmish looking ones in pots because you need to be able to bring them inside for frost? It's a nice look, and just a small bit of recurring maintenance.

We didn't mind the RV too much because at least it's gone some of the time. However, we started the pool is when his shed went up. I was aggravated because it blocked our view of the treeline that we enjoyed, but there's not much we can do other than complain to ourselves.

Plant some ginger or banana trees along that fence. You wont be able to see that RV by mid summer.

Pool looks great.

Thanks, Mr. Earp. I'll take your suggestions into consideration.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.