Need help with ingound pool leak!!

koper

Jan 6, 2016
charlotte,nc
Hi everyone, I've come across this forum and am really hoping someone may be able to help me out? I've had this 18x36 pool for about 8 years now and here's the problem that came up Sunday. We've had a bunch of rain for about 4 days straight last week and noticed liner floated up last Friday. It starting drying out here Monday so I waited a few days until liner settled back down with a few wrinkles but not to bad. The problem is the water has leaked out to top part of returns and just below bottom of skimmer and stopped there. I ran hose for a few of hours and it did not move the water level at all! I checked the 2 skimmers and water in to the top of the baskets. Got cold here last couple of nights so turned off skimmers and just ran from main drain. I have the multi-port valve on recirculate. (hole in sand filter, so will replace in spring) There is a good bit of air in pump and blowing out returns. I would estimate air when running in about top !/4 of basket. I don't get home until after dark so have not been able to really give a good inspection with a flashlight. I know this a long post but I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some help on what may be happening? Thanks ( btw, liner and pump less than year old)

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Sounds like you are describing multiple issues. If I read correctly, the liner floated and, as it was settling back into place, the water level in your pool dropped but is now stable, is that correct? (Let's solve this issue first)

Thanks. Yes the pool liner is back in place. The water level dropped to the top part of returns and just below skimmer. I tried to fill back up to normal mid skimmer level, but with hose running for multiple hours water level remains the same. There is water in near top of both skimmer baskets and when running pump good bit top !/4 filled with air and blowing steady stream of bubbles out of return. Turned skimmer off due to water level below skimmer and just pumping from main drain.

Since your attempt at fill-up stopped at a certain level, chances are quite good that is the level where you will find the leak. Since you say the water is right at the level of the returns, is it possible the liner slipped out from the gasket around the return?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.