Scrubbing diamond brite making uneven look

Doggo

Aug 9, 2015
ocala fl
I had my roof replaced, and during the process some roofing nails got into the pool and left some rust spots. Unfortunately, the roofer decided to try to remove the spots and used a brush (some sort of metal I assume). There is one spot where he really scrubbed, and now there is more aggregate exposed in that area making it look darker. The finish is a little over 2 months old. I stopped the roofer as soon as I saw this, and had the PB come over. He removed remaining stains with acid, and put some acid on this darker spot to try to blend it out a little. There is still a noticeable spot. Does anyone have experience with something like this? Does the white cement tend to keep coming off with time exposing more aggregate?

I wonder if you could scrub around that area and kind of blend it in with the rest of the pool?

I cannot write what words I would say to your builder. I guess he was at least trying to "fix" his mistake but..........

Kim

Polishing around the spot to blend it in more is an option. Your best option if the spot is really noticeable is to have the pool contractor polish the entire pool, this will expose more aggregate everywhere and make a more uniform appearance. The roof contractor should pay for this to be done. Depending on the size of the pool price may vary from $600 and up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.