Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Owner Build pool Fort Worth area.

1. Back To Top    #1

New Owner Build pool Fort Worth area.

Hi Everyone-this is my first post...just found this awesome forum! We are planning to start an owner build pool probably next month (YIKES!)Just starting to plan. We have our design completed by Chris at iconic Design who did great and I'm very excited about it. Just getting a little nervous about starting such a big project and locating all the subs. We acted as the general contractor (with a consultant) to build our own house, but I know way more about home construction, than pool construction. Can you all look at the plan and offer any suggestions for ways to save money? We want a salt water pool. Our access for equipment/concrete is very limited because our driveway is 200 feet long with a bridge that concrete trucks can't go over (weight). Any insight/advice is appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Owner Build pool Fort Worth area.

yeah give me your address so I can come help you break in that wonderful looking pool! LOL

Shoot us your list of equipment with model numbers and we will look that over.

I have some ideas about the bridge to keep it safe as well. I will get back with you on that.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Ooo, an in-pool table, nice!! I can easily imagine spending too much time there, LOL.

We had very narrow access on the side of the house -- 7 feet. Diggers brought in a very small bobcat and transported dirt roughly 150 feet to a dump truck at the end of the driveway. Took two days to excavate our pool, where the norm is 1 day. And other subcontractors used wheelbarrows to bring in gravel, stepping stones, etc. It can be done, but it isn't easy.
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

For the bridge I would put something up to STOP any one from going over it! Sawhorses with RED tape with a BIG stop sign! Otherwise I would worry about them not thinking and just driving over it.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

I love the table! Really wanted one...
    This is going to be a fun build to watch. What are your dimensions?
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

Maybe add another bench or two on this side. We have benches all over our pool, great for kids to rest and jump off and really great for adults to sit and sip chilly beverages.

If you want to start adding info to your signature there is more info here on adding your pool info to your signature, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

Love Ft Worth. Lived on W side for 15 years before it got so built up.

Specific to your design, I would suggest either adding decking behind your deep end bench or moving the bench so that you have more room for ingress/egress, as your bench may occasionally double as a step.
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

8. Back To Top    #8

Awesome design! PM sent.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

9. Back To Top    #9

Hi All! Thanks for all the welcomes and info! Apparently I don't know what I'm doing with forums since I didn't know till now I had replies! Pool has been moving good to this point, but the gunite guys are here and I don't know how tall to have them set the table? Maybe how much taller than the benches it should be? Also is there a way to set alerts so I know when I get replies? Thanks! You all are wonderful!

10. Back To Top    #10

I have a table and I got in the pool and just did it by sight and what felt right.
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by amandahein3 View Post
    I have a table and I got in the pool and just did it by sight and what felt right.

Thanks Amanda! How did you know it would be above the waterline?

12. Back To Top    #12

They told me where the waterline would be. We have it just above the line
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

13. Back To Top    #13

You will love having a table by the way! We eat dinner there and play cards

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

Does dinner ever get wet?
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

15. Back To Top    #15

Awesome! Sounds like fun! My kids wanted one so they don't ever have to get out of the pool "even to eat" they said.

16. Back To Top    #16

Amanda-how high does your table sit? The way they have it now it would be at my shoulder. Seems way too high! They keep saying the water level will be too low.

17. Back To Top    #17

Ours is about that high. Let me see if I can find a pic and I will post it

18. Back To Top    #18

Ok here is the pic. It's about to our shoulders. Anything lower and it would be under the water. The girl on the right is sitting on the bench.

19. Back To Top    #19

New Owner Build pool Fort Worth area.

Here it is without water

20. Back To Top    #20

Here it is without water
    Thanks so much for the pictures! They helped me on so many levels. We also are going to have flagstone coping. Was debating about the color of the waterline tile. I love yours, and the plaster too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast