Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Robot recommendations for $900-$1k

1. Back To Top    #1

Robot recommendations for $900-$1k

When is the best time to buy a robot? I am looking for one as well. Also, is it worth it to jump to the robots in the 9 - 1k range? My wife gave me the goahead to spend up to that much just trying to get the most bang for the buck for my money. Presently looking at the Dolphin Nautilus Plus...
    25k Gallon Gunite Inground Pool
    Pentair FNS PLUS DE filter
    Pentair WhisperFlo WF-24 (seems like single speed)
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Robot recommendations for $900-$1k

Check out the Dolphin Triton Plus. I got one last month and it works great. This cleaner has dual motors and split brushes so it can turn on a dime, and top loading filters that are very easy to remove and clean. Comes with a caddy (required in my opinion) and a remote control for $1049 with free shipping and no tax. Here is the link to Sunplay.com where I got mine. They are an excellent on line vendor that I have always been very happy with.

http://www.sunplay.com/dolphin-triton-plus-pool-cleaner
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by gary300 View Post
    Check out the Dolphin Triton Plus. I got one last month and it works great. This cleaner has dual motors and split brushes so it can turn on a dime, and top loading filters that are very easy to remove and clean. Comes with a caddy (required in my opinion) and a remote control for $1049 with free shipping and no tax. Here is the link to Sunplay.com where I got mine. They are an excellent on line vendor that I have always been very happy with.

http://www.sunplay.com/dolphin-triton-plus-pool-cleaner
    so what is the advantage of a caddy is it just easier to carry? I can get a nautilus plus for like 690 just trying to see if its worth it to step up to the dolphin triton plus. What else do you get other than the caddy and remote for the extra 350 bucks?
    25k Gallon Gunite Inground Pool
    Pentair FNS PLUS DE filter
    Pentair WhisperFlo WF-24 (seems like single speed)
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

4. Back To Top    #4

The caddy makes it a lot easier to store and carry, plus provides a place to store the cable and power supply. Another thing is that you should not store the robot on its tracks or they will flatten out. The caddy provides a raised area to lift the robot up during storage. The Triton plus has dual motors and split brushes to make it more maneuverable to get into tight places. It also has a 2.5 hour cycle time and optional 1 hour quick clean cycle that does the floor only. The Nautilus would do the job for you, but I opted for a few more features.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

5. Back To Top    #5

Dolphin Oasis Z5.

The Caddy and remote are excellent to have.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    Dolphin Oasis Z5.

The Caddy and remote are excellent to have.
    Oasis Z5, Triton Plus, Explorer Plus and Supreme M5 are all the same units, just different markings.

7. Back To Top    #7

The Supreme M5 has a bottom brush and Pro Remote/Features, so it is different.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    The Supreme M5 has a bottom brush and Pro Remote/Features, so it is different.
    You are correct, my error. Another post had the M5 as equivalent to the Z5 but that is not the case.

9. Back To Top    #9

No worries, just sayin for those looking to buy. And there's a reason they run $1500
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

10. Back To Top    #10

Dolphin m200
    32x16 inground chlorine. 23000 gallon with diving board
    vinyl liner 1hp hayward super pump. Waterway sand filter new in 2014.
    maytronics dolphin m200 robot. I live in central NY.
    TF100 kit Taylor speedstir. Sonos audio