Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Design and Build Las Vegas (Henderson)

1. Back To Top    #1

Henderson, NV

Design and Build Las Vegas (Henderson)

So because of procrastination its now 2016 and I have mountain to surmount to get my pool built by July. My plan is to design and contract the building of my pool and document as I go. I would like to document the design and planning process as much as I can. And do as much as humanly possible to keep the project moving and keep it under budget. I have a basic design in mind and contacted an engineer today about plan approval.

To begin I have a few questions.
    1. The basic plans for permitting seem pretty straight forward, what sort of format is required for contractors? Do I need to have a complete plumbing plan for the plumber? Or Electrician? Is this something that is drawn up once a contractor is selected?
    2. Chlorine or Salt?
    3. Pentair or Hayward?
    4. Does anyone have a contractor list they'd be willing to share?
    5. Anything you tried that you would definitely leave to a contractor?
    6. Any other tid bits of advice is greatly appreciated.

I will post a prelim plan as soon as its worth presenting.
    35' x 15' Inground Gunite w Spa will figure out the rest along the way

2. Back To Top    #2

Woodland Hills, CA

Re: Design and Build Las Vegas (Henderson)

Im using Blue Pools in Vegas to help me with the process. Im supposed to get the engineered drawings tomorrow, but so far, so good for me.

Swimming Pool Designer
    O/B 12x30 inground with 6x6 10-jet spa, 10,500gal, All Jandy: 400k heater, 2.7 HP VS pump, 1.5HP spa pump, SWG, Intellelink controls (4) LED lights, cartridge filter and BlueSquare infloor cleaning. Broke ground 2/18/2016, completed 8/16/2016. TFT 100 kit.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

Hi! What an exciting and nerve wrecking time for you! Thanks for letting us come along for the ride!

chlorine vs salt-salt IS chlorine. Here is a link for you:

Pool School - Salt Water Chlorine Generators

Pentair or Hayward-both are good. Some times if you go with a "package" they will extend the warranty.

Post everything here on this thread and we may be able to guide you along the way.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Las Vegas NV

@karlito I sent you a PM, call me, I did O/B here in Vegas last year. I can walk you through the process and will share my subs list with you should you want it.
    SUMMER 2015 BUILD IG gunite 38 x 31, 28,000 gal, 110' perimeter, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflow 3hp, Intellibrite LED x2, Clean & Clear 520, Screen Logic, Intelichlor 40, Quartzscape Blue, K-2006C, Aquanaut 400 (4 wheel The Pool Cleaner)