Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: switch over

1. Back To Top    #1

switch over

I would like some technical help if possible.
    I have a Jandy lite 2 ,250k BTU pool heater designed to run on Propane gas
    Is there a way I can convert it to natural gas,I know the jet sizes should be larger for NG, but there is an issue with the Gas valve and Pilot light valve.
    Anyone out there can offer some help with this project.I can get a burner tray for 900.00 or so, but reluctant to spend that , not even knowing what else may or not work with the heater .It uses the milivolt system.
    Thanks for reading this!! I am a rookie with 10 months part time pool experience.Water is shimmering , but presently cold!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: switch over

I'd PM TFP Heater Expert ps0303 and ask him to respond. He's the top gun on heater issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates