Pump Advise

I need to replace my main pump/motor and have no idea what the best option would be for my set up. Currently I have a Pentair Challenger pump (343233), 1hp motor (35-5339) for the pool. I also have a pentair booster pump 3/4 hp for the Polaris that still works fine. I never use the Polaris due to not having many leaves. I use the booster just for show to make the water jets on the shallow end pad come out of the water about 1.5ft. Other than that I never utilize it for the Polaris. I am wanting to replace the main pump/motor with something super energy efficient if possible and keep the booster pump for the jet affect that I mentioned. Any help is appreciated. I can post pictures if needed. The pool is 15K gallons, salt with Intellichlor - IC-40.

The Pentair Intelliflo variable speed 3hp pump is very energy efficient when run at lower RPM. I run mine 24x7 during spring and fall because we have lots of trees. At 1100 rpm it uses 150 watts which costs about 12 bucks a month and does a great job skimming debris, making chlorine and filtering. It is a lot more pump than you or I need but it is great to have total control of water flow for solar, waterfall, etc. Pentair also makes smaller variable speed pumps like the Superflo 342001.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.