Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump Advise

1. Back To Top    #1

Prairieville, Louisiana

Pump Advise

I need to replace my main pump/motor and have no idea what the best option would be for my set up. Currently I have a Pentair Challenger pump (343233), 1hp motor (35-5339) for the pool. I also have a pentair booster pump 3/4 hp for the Polaris that still works fine. I never use the Polaris due to not having many leaves. I use the booster just for show to make the water jets on the shallow end pad come out of the water about 1.5ft. Other than that I never utilize it for the Polaris. I am wanting to replace the main pump/motor with something super energy efficient if possible and keep the booster pump for the jet affect that I mentioned. Any help is appreciated. I can post pictures if needed. The pool is 15K gallons, salt with Intellichlor - IC-40.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Pump Advise

Welcome to the forum.

Match your new pump to your filter capacity. How many GPM's is suggested for your filter?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Pump Advise

The Pentair Intelliflo variable speed 3hp pump is very energy efficient when run at lower RPM. I run mine 24x7 during spring and fall because we have lots of trees. At 1100 rpm it uses 150 watts which costs about 12 bucks a month and does a great job skimming debris, making chlorine and filtering. It is a lot more pump than you or I need but it is great to have total control of water flow for solar, waterfall, etc. Pentair also makes smaller variable speed pumps like the Superflo 342001.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach