ventilation/space under spa???see pictures

To keep that toe kick dry I'd guess that you'd need to raise the tub onto a platform that is smaller than the footprint of the tub so that the toe kick would be off the floor and completely exposed to the air.

I see a no-win situation. I think ventilation is a good thing, especially if you are in a moisture prone area. However, too much "space" underneath the structure and you are inviting all manner of critters to set up housekeeping....

Keep in mind that they make these free standing spas to sit on the ground/concrete pads. No need to hike them off the ground with space under it. It only gives rodents areas to congregate, build nests, and then destroy your spa.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ewkearns,

Ok thanks, but why firebrick?? (A lot of people recomend firebrick) but why.???

I will ventilation under the spa, the dealer is recommended it.

Do i get ventilation under the spa wit firebrick

I'm going to give you a Scientific Wild Guess...... firebrick has low thermal conductivity... it could be thought of as a thermal insulator. However, ventilation sort of makes any effort at insulation a moot point.

I,m thinking to use this tiles 30x30 (and then completly full under the spa NO space between the tiles) then the spa is out the water.
What do jou think?

Then this (It only gives rodents areas to congregate, build nests, and then destroy your spa) wil not happend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.