Spa looks like it had a fountain but I can't find pipe - help me assemble one

There is a hole in the center of the spa floor and the spa was described as having a fountain

Best image I have it attached with the hole highlightedspa-fountain-DSC_6910.jpg

That looks like a typical hole for a fountain. Can you feel any water coming up thru it, any threads at the top? It should be a threaded hole where you can thread a pipe with a fountain head on it. You should be able to find a head all over the internet. As for the pipe, usually a standard 1 1/2 pipe.

If it's like mine it's just a 1 1/2 threaded male/PVC connection glued to enough 1 1/2 PVC to get just below the surface then an eyeball discharge fitting on top. Simple to make one up.

No threads in the hole that I could tell when we heated the spa from 40-100 to "break it in " over new years
I thought should be a simple job - thanks for confirming

It's possible that someone broke the pipe off leaving part of the coupling in the threads of the bottom fitting. It happened to my neighbor and we had to very carefully cut and peel it out.

Drain the spa water into the pool, then you can do all the work you want on the spa. Your automation system should have a "spa drain" option. It will put all f the spa water into the pool. Then do your repairs and then select "spa fill" option to fill the spa.

Havent seen a spa drain option -
It likely can do it - its just not an option Ive seen yet

I know the pool has a autofill and a drain so I would need to cover the drain

Im also a Diver - Might just go get a tank and use it as an excuse to get wet

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you are thinking that your automation system has an auto fill for the pool, you could be mistaken. All automation systems I have ever seen always have a spa drain option and a Spa fill option. Take a picture of the control system and we will confirm it for you.

There is a fill float in the deck by one of the skimmers and about 4 feet away is what appears to be a overflow
Its not in the automation its built into the deck

I posted a picture of the home screen in another thread here
There is no spa fill or spa drain option in any of the screens that I have seen

Share Screen shots of your Aqualink home screen

aqualilnk-home-screen.jpg

Go out to the panel outside. On the right side of that panel should be a section labled valves. Then you should see the options, Pool Mode, Spa Mode, Spa drain, and Spa Fill. That is what I am talking about. Your indoor unit is where you want to do this from.

Well it's 75 in dallas today - removed broken threads in fitting and bought replacement from Home Depot
leslies wanted $70 for a spa fountain head
just the head

A 4' section of pvc 2 threaded fittings and a cap and drill resulted in this

i may go buy 3 or 4 more caps and do different drill sizes and patterns just for fun

may also try using this to make a poor mans laminar jet for fun

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 147
Well in a moment of late night web shopping weakness I bought the Polaris SPa fountain head
I think I paid about $25
I figured it would give me more options
disapointed
about half the water is rushing down around the threads
The whole thing is pretty much cobbled together
its an eyeball with some plastic all thread and the fountain head. the threaded plastic of lower part of the head isnt "sealed" 360 its just glued in 5 spots around the diameter
which allows all the pressure to leak out the bottom around those 5 glued spots

The image shows much of the water going DOWN rather than up...
Water is a little green from the pollen and wind ...fountain-IMG_2885.jpg

in this image you can see one of the glued spots is directly facing the camera and the 1/3 -1/2 inch to left and right of the glue is open to the bottom. IN other words at 6:00 is a narrow glued sectioin and another at about 3 and 9
Perhaps this is as intended and the base of the head is supposed to be in the water ...
7_235_00_spafountain.jpg

My fountain just has a standard eyeball fitting. It allows for the use of different diameter openings.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.