Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Construction Professional - Never built or owned a pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Mesa, Az

Construction Professional - Never built or owned a pool

I'm a seasoned construction professional that has no experience with pool building or maintenance. I am beginning the process of new home construction in NE Mesa, Az and am planning to include an inground pool/spa combo. Planning on a somewhat rectangular shape 20' X 30' with a connected raised spa. I am excited to glean as much collective knowledge as I can from the more experienced members of the forum.

In twenty-nine years I've built or managed projects up to $100 M but never built a pool or my own home! Looking forward to this new chapter!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Construction Professional - Never built or owned a pool

HI! Nice to see you here on TFP!

As soon as you start with your build start a thread in under construction!

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Longview, Texas

Hi BigE
    Welcome to TFP!

If you have any questions, post them up. There are plenty of folks here who've been through the process and will be happy to give you some input.

Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome BigE,

If I had your background, I would study up on pool construction, and manage this myself. Pool crews range from very good to downright poor, and there are a lot of the latter unfortunately. I wanted to be my own GC, but there simply weren't the crews here, nor did I have the experience I thought was needed. That said, there have been members just like me who've done it, and had fabulous results while saving loads and loads of cash.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr