San Diego, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I just wanted to post a HUGE thank you for all your knowledge, assistance, patience, and calming me down when I thought I was ruining our new pool with the chemical levels I was reading.

This amazing group has provided patient baby steps from my very 1st post after our resurface was paid for/complete & the company became unreachable to help get chemicals in the pool. In pure panic I pled for your help & crossed my fingers. The responses were almost instant and filled with such amazing and calming knowledge. I had no chlorine, extremely high calcium harness, CYA levels off the charts, etc. Prior to asking for help I was sure after all the $$ we had just spent the morning was going to bring pool filled with algae and permanent headache.

Thanks to all of YOU--I'm now armed with the best test kits, learning to trust my own knowledge & this group over the pool store, not wasting money on unessecary chemicals and additives. Everyone has been just as patient and helpful with every post since my initial frantic intro.

And...*drumroll...Today I finally got readings mostly in the normal range..after 6 months of frustration...YAY!! :lovetfp:

pH: 7.8
TA: 70
CYA: 80
CH: 450
FC: 13.5 (still working on knocking this down slowly)
Sodium: 3,400ppm

Re: THANK YOU & Good News

Yay!!! Is your SWG off?

It is :) I went to go turn it down/off after asking for help with the FC a week ago and found that it turns itself off when the water temp gets too low. So even though I'm in So. Cal it looks like it will turn itself off during the wintertime until we get our pool heater fixed & running.

- - - Updated - - -

That IS some awesome news! Good job!

Kim

:cheers:

@tim5055

Thanks for the call to action! I'm going to donate and become a TroubleFreePool.com supporter right now.

I joined the forum a couple years ago, soon after getting my new SunDance spa. I want to echo the OP's sentiment: THANKS for all the help and good information! Since adopting the methods I've learned here, my experience and satisfaction with my spa have been 100% positive.

And the more I read the more I learn. Keep up the good work!

John

@tim5055

Thanks for the call to action! I'm going to donate and become a TroubleFreePool.com supporter right now.

I joined the forum a couple years ago, soon after getting my new SunDance spa. I want to echo the OP's sentiment: THANKS for all the help and good information! Since adopting the methods I've learned here, my experience and satisfaction with my spa have been 100% positive.

And the more I read the more I learn. Keep up the good work!

John
Thanks John!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.