Pump replacement - Different part numbers

Dec 17, 2015
Houston TX
Hi all,

First of all I'd like to wish a Happy New Year to everyone !

My pool pump being ridiculously loud, I decided to replace the motor but I found different information on the same pump (several stickers) and I don't know which one to rely on. Ideally I would like to buy the same motor so I do not have any surprise when I replace it.

Here are the different stickers that I found on the pump.

View attachment 44423

View attachment 44424

According to the first one the part number for the motor of the pump is SP3207Z1BE when the other sticker says SPX3215Z1PE.

The last sticker that I could not upload says "1.50 HP, 1.60 SF, 2.40 THP" when the main sticker says 0.75 HP.

I bought the house with the pool 4 months ago so I have no idea what the previous owner did with the pumps.

I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me.

Thank you and have a great weekend !

G

Pool equipment companies (Hayward, Pentair, etc) make the wet end of a pump and they buy the motor from companies like AO Smith. You have a Hayward pump with an AO Smith motor. Looks like somebody replace the 1.5hp motor with a .75hp motor.

If they had replaced the motor with a smaller motor without replacing the impeller too, the motor would have been shutting off constantly due to overheating. If you have been running with this pump for some time, the previous owner may have replaced the impeller as well. The only way to tell for sure is to get a part number off the impeller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.