Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pressure gauge stuck

1. Back To Top    #1

Pressure gauge stuck

Moved into a house with a pool just before Christmas. Now the silly season is over it's time to get stuck into learning how to look after it.

I still need to get my head around testing, but today I wanted to empty the rubbish from the pump leaf basket and clean the filter since I had no idea when it was last done.

Before I started, the Onga LCF90 cartridge filter gauge read 80kPa, after cleaning, it reads the same 80kPa. I therefore suspect it's bad but wanted to check if there were any tip and tricks to troubleshoot this or if the connection nozzle could be blocked or such? . I noticed the guage has a small plastic plug on the back, but donlt know if this allows any sort of "maintenance".

The gauge never went below 80kpa when the filter was apart or when the pump is off

Grateful for any ideas please. Thank you
    Approx 10,500 US gallon IG fibreglass (40,000 litres)
    Onga LCF90 cartridge filter. Hychlor Migty Mini 72543 pump. Clearwater LM Express 40 SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Pressure gauge stuck

its likely dead. It should go to 0 when the pump is turned off.

If you thump it a time or 2 with your finger, it might become unstuck, but will likely get stuck again.

Its a easily replaceable item and they dont cost very much.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!