Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Getting around to introducing myself

1. Back To Top    #1

Getting around to introducing myself

I've posted a few times and received great help, thanks! I've also tried to answer a few questions for each one that I've asked...

Thought you all might like to see my pool. Completed October 2015 by Cody Pools in Austin TX. Overall quite happy with the whole process - as much as anyone can be happy with major construction in the backyard! Major details are in my signature.

My pool is unusual as it's on quite a slope as you can see. The top of the front of the pool is at grade or a little above it, the bottom of the back of the pool is at grade, more or less. At the steepest point it's about a 1:3 slope (1 foot of drop for every 3 feet of horizontal distance) or about a 32 degree angle. It's technically an in-ground pool, although as you can imagine only about half of it is actually in the ground!

Here is the result

Pool in fog.jpg
    Pool: 16,000 gallons, 16x31, 500SqFt gunite pool, White Pebbletec interior, built by Cody Pools. Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 pump, Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge Filter, In-line chlor with Ultra UV, PV3 Infloor cleaning, Pentair Easytouch-P4 control. TF-100
    Spa: 525 Gallons, Coast fiberglass spa of unknown vintage and suspect previous care with a 2-speed main pump and a blower motor, both 4HP. 3-step bromine sanitized.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Getting around to introducing myself

Nice. One thing for sure---the pool will never flood the house!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

I would love to see a pic of the other side of the pool! Can someone "float" out of the pool??????? if someone else does a HUGE cannonball?

LOVE the view you have!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Howdy Marcgr

My pool was also installed on a slope not too different from yours. Before the pool we really couldn't do much in the yard but now....its opened up a whole new area of our home for us.

I hope your new pool has done the same for you too!

Yippee
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    I would love to see a pic of the other side of the pool! Kim
    Hi Kim,

That's kind of like asking, "that sure is a pretty horse, can I see the backside?" But I'm here to please, so here you go. Can you guess what the ladder is for?

It's a "faux infinity" - mainly to keep kids from walking along the backside, the back side rises up to a point like the end of a chisel. I keep the water level about 3 inches below the level of the top, lower than an infinity pool would be, so I don't think it's possible to float out. It's 16' wide, it would have to be a heck of a cannonball to reach the other side.

Thanks!

Marc

pool backside.jpg
    Pool: 16,000 gallons, 16x31, 500SqFt gunite pool, White Pebbletec interior, built by Cody Pools. Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 pump, Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge Filter, In-line chlor with Ultra UV, PV3 Infloor cleaning, Pentair Easytouch-P4 control. TF-100
    Spa: 525 Gallons, Coast fiberglass spa of unknown vintage and suspect previous care with a 2-speed main pump and a blower motor, both 4HP. 3-step bromine sanitized.

6. Back To Top    #6

LOL at the backside of the pony! BUT see I LOVE to learn and the way I do it is to look at as much detail as I can........the backside of your pool is a work of art for sure! THANKS for sharing!

I was thinking someone on a float by the far side of the pool and someone else doing a good cannon ball and washing them over and out of the pool. I am glad to see you keep the water lower to keep that from happening.

Do you have a full set of pictures from your build? If so think about starting a thread in "under construction" to share. We LOVE a good build story.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Wow! What a gorgeous view you have! Beautiful pool and, I loved seeing the "tail end" of the pony as well! It's interesting to see how it's constructed!
    +1 on you doing a build thread if you have the pictures. Lots of us love to look at the builds!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma