AutoPilot Total Control - Purifier Mode Won't go above 1%

lovemyazpool

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 16, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Hello Everyone -

I have installed a new TotalControl SWG system. The system utilizes pH, ORP, and flow sensors to monitor and maintain pH (utilizing a Stenner Acid Pump) and Chlorine utilizing a RC-52 cell. The system in default total control mode utilizes ORP to monitor and maintain FC levels. I have been advised here on TFP not to utilize ORP mode since it is a very difficult way to actually manage FC and to utilize Purifier mode instead.

So when I disable ORP mode on the AutoPilot, it gives me a new screen showing purifier output in % and the instructions say that I can adjust the output at that screen. Unfortunately, when I try to increase the purifier output it will only allow me to increase it to 1%, that is it, no higher.

Only when I shut down the total control part of the system (which also shuts down the pH control) can I adjust the purifier %, but then I have to manually control the pH as well as the purifier.

I was hoping someone here had some insight on how to get the TotalControl system to operate in Purifier mode.

Thanks

When ORP is disabled on the Total Control it will function as any of the other standard Pool Pilot units do with a feature called "temperature compensation". This feature automatically adjusts the purifier level up or down from your set point based water temperature. It also has a low temperature lock out which is designed to help prevent over chlorination in low water temps. Once the water hits 55F or so it will lock out at 1% output. The only way to override the 1% output in this scenario is placing the unit in "boost" mode.

When ORP is disabled on the Total Control it will function as any of the other standard Pool Pilot units do with a feature called "temperature compensation". This feature automatically adjusts the purifier level up or down from your set point based water temperature. It also has a low temperature lock out which is designed to help prevent over chlorination in low water temps. Once the water hits 55F or so it will lock out at 1% output. The only way to override the 1% output in this scenario is placing the unit in "boost" mode.

Josh -

Thank you. I purchased this unit from you and am still learning how to use it. My water is at 45 degrees right now, so I guess that is the reason I cannot get the purifier above 1%! Thanks again for the info!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.