Pool Cover Pump

Gary R

LifeTime Supporter
May 11, 2012
Hi to all:

Happy New Year!!:p

I have a WAYNE WAPC250 1/4 HP Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump which indicates that you can leave the pump on the cover during the winter. There always an inch or so of water on the cover in a low spot where the pump is placed. I have found that if there is some debris in that area the pump keeps going on and off. The hose is frozen so water can't be removed from the cover anyway and the water in that area will freeze soon I be away for an extended period so I will pull the pump and store it until spring.

Anyone experienced this issue? Suggestions?

Thank you,

Gary R.

I'm not sure if it's debris, or if the water just has nowhere to go with your frozen hose.

We either switch out hoses or just bring one inside to thaw. If you do bring the pump inside, store it where it's handy. You may need it periodically if you get any warm spells where you live.

There wasn't much debris, just a little around the sensors so maybe it was just the fact that the hose was frozen. Also, could have been the freeze sensors coming on. I was under the impression that one could leave the pump out all winter but the manual clearly states it should be brought inside.

Thank you!!!

Gary R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.