Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this just regular cement on bond beam?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this just regular cement on bond beam?

Hi all. Redoing my coping. The old coping came off in a 'chippy' kind of fashion. Wondering why there is a layer of about 1 1/2" thick cement on the top of the pool bond beam. Some of it failed and was separated while the rest is on there good. What should I use it build it back up? (The picture shows the tile which needs to be repaired too, the top row is missing)

IMG_0111.JPG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is this just regular cement on bond beam?

More pictures please. Also can you please put your pool info. in your siggy?

-settings-upper right hand area
    -edit signature-left hand side

Tell us:
    -size and gallons
    -equipment-kind and sizes
    -how chlorinate
    -how do you test

THANKS!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm no sure why Kim wants all that info but some more pictures would be good. Overall pool picture.

It looks like the edge of your pool is raised above the bond beam by a curb of some sort. It appears that the curb is constructed with a normal mix of concrete poured into some sort of form over the bond beam. What does the skimmer look like?

The answer to your question in part depends on what you plan to do for coping. I could give a more detailed reply.

The short answer is to thoroughly clean the surfaces with a wire brush so there us absolutely no loose material. Form up and replace your curb. You want the old surface wet when you pour. Use any high strength concrete.

This us not the bond beam. The bond beam is the top of the structure with the top ribbon of rebar in it. There is no rebar. This was added on top of the bond beam.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

The info I asked for is the standard info we ask for any pool here on TFP. It gives us a solid base to work from if we know this basic info.

Did you take any more pics for us?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit