New Build in South Louisiana

WyattEarp

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2015
Mandeville, LA
We are supposed to dig on January 12 so I figured I would start a build thread to document everything here. I posted a thread back at the end of the summer with a general design and asked for a little bit of input. Made a few small changes based on some input from here which is much appreciated.

Here is the design rendering and a few photos of my mostly blank slate of a back yard. The two trees in the middle of the yard will be coming out next week prior to the build. About the only thing not right in the rendering is the bottom of the step/seating area. It will have a gradual slope to the deeper depth so we don't have a huge drop off on that bottom step as shown.

Can't wait to see it all come together. Still have to make a few selections. Haven't yet made a final decision on tile color or plaster color. Right now the front runners are either Steel Blue or a 9/1 mix of French Gray/Onyx Diamondbrite. Anyone have any photos of Steel Blue? My builder hasn't done one and I can only find a few photos online which look awesome but I don't know if I'm willing to take a chance without seeing it in person.

Oh and my TF100 arrived in the mail yesterday so I am ready to go.

Specs and photos below.

Pool

-36x22 custom shaped pool
-Depth 3.5x5x4 Approxiamately 563 sq ft 103 linear ft.
-24x24 travertine coping
-6" ceramic waterline tile
-Benchs/swimouts/tanning shelf as per drawing
-Diamondbrite plaster
-Steps benches
-2 skimmers
-2 bottom drains
-2 bubblers in tanning shelf
-4 deck jets

Equipment
-Jandy P4 salt computer system with remote
-Jandy 2hpVariable speed pump
-Polaris 280 with booster pump
-420 cartridge filter
- 2 small LED and 1 nichless LED light : multicolor

Deck

660 sq ft Travertine in french pattern

Attachments

• Melvin, Brian 7_002.jpg
    Melvin, Brian 7_002.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 635
  • Melvin, Brian 7_001.jpg
    Melvin, Brian 7_001.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 637
  • Melvin, Brian 7_006.jpg
    Melvin, Brian 7_006.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_2774.jpg
    IMG_2774.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 645
  • IMG_2776.jpg
    IMG_2776.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 633
SWEET! I love the look of it! May I ask why a slope instead of steps? I would worry about someone being in a hurry and slipping down and hitting their heads on a step with a slope instead of more steps BUT you and I both know if they are going to get hurt it will NOT matter what you have set up!

Make sure to get model numbers for all of your equipment. MANY times this has saves "mix ups".

Kim

The bottom contour is overall going to be a bit different from the rendering. The steps are only going to step into about 4 ft of water with a gradual slope out to the main body of the pool. The deep section will slide a bit to one side . My builder says it will all work well without a crazy slope or step.

The two trees came down today despite a bit of drizzle. Weather forecast is looking good for the big dig next Tuesday.

Still struggling with what choice to make on waterline tile. Steel Blue seems to be the winner for Diamondbrite color. Anyone have any suggestions?

Pool was laid out yesterday. Glad I was there because they reversed a measurement putting the pool 4ft off center. Fortunately I caught the mistake and we got everything where it is supposed to go. Dig was originally supposed to be today but weather last week has the dig crew behind a bit so new schedule to start the mess is Friday.

Also made the decision to eliminate a little bit of my bench area. Decided to take the section out in front of the tanning ledge.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Unfortunately we didn't make much progress. Ground was wetter than it first seemed. Were having real problems in the muck especially outside the dig area where they had to travel to remove material. So rather than fight it and do tons of collateral damage the decision was to dig another day.

Attachments

• Pool3.jpg
    Pool3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 469
  • Pool2.jpg
    Pool2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 471

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.