Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Build in South Louisiana

1. Back To Top    #1

New Build in South Louisiana

We are supposed to dig on January 12 so I figured I would start a build thread to document everything here. I posted a thread back at the end of the summer with a general design and asked for a little bit of input. Made a few small changes based on some input from here which is much appreciated.

Here is the design rendering and a few photos of my mostly blank slate of a back yard. The two trees in the middle of the yard will be coming out next week prior to the build. About the only thing not right in the rendering is the bottom of the step/seating area. It will have a gradual slope to the deeper depth so we don't have a huge drop off on that bottom step as shown.

Can't wait to see it all come together. Still have to make a few selections. Haven't yet made a final decision on tile color or plaster color. Right now the front runners are either Steel Blue or a 9/1 mix of French Gray/Onyx Diamondbrite. Anyone have any photos of Steel Blue? My builder hasn't done one and I can only find a few photos online which look awesome but I don't know if I'm willing to take a chance without seeing it in person.

Oh and my TF100 arrived in the mail yesterday so I am ready to go.

Specs and photos below.

Pool

-36x22 custom shaped pool
    -Depth 3.5x5x4 Approxiamately 563 sq ft 103 linear ft.
    -24x24 travertine coping
    -6" ceramic waterline tile
    -Benchs/swimouts/tanning shelf as per drawing
    -Diamondbrite plaster
    -Steps benches
    -2 skimmers
    -2 bottom drains
    -2 bubblers in tanning shelf
    -4 deck jets

Equipment
    -Jandy P4 salt computer system with remote
    -Jandy 2hpVariable speed pump
    -Polaris 280 with booster pump
    -420 cartridge filter
    - 2 small LED and 1 nichless LED light : multicolor

Deck

660 sq ft Travertine in french pattern
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Completed April 2016: 22x36 3.5-5.5-4 Inground, 17,500 gallons, Aquapure SWG, Jandy 2hp Variable Speed, Jandy 460 Cartridge Filter, Polaris 280, Aqualink PDA4, Jandy Nichless LED lights, Diamondbrite color Steel Blue, Noche Travertine Coping & Deck

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Build in South Louisiana

SWEET! I love the look of it! May I ask why a slope instead of steps? I would worry about someone being in a hurry and slipping down and hitting their heads on a step with a slope instead of more steps BUT you and I both know if they are going to get hurt it will NOT matter what you have set up!

Make sure to get model numbers for all of your equipment. MANY times this has saves "mix ups".

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

The bottom contour is overall going to be a bit different from the rendering. The steps are only going to step into about 4 ft of water with a gradual slope out to the main body of the pool. The deep section will slide a bit to one side . My builder says it will all work well without a crazy slope or step.
    Completed April 2016: 22x36 3.5-5.5-4 Inground, 17,500 gallons, Aquapure SWG, Jandy 2hp Variable Speed, Jandy 460 Cartridge Filter, Polaris 280, Aqualink PDA4, Jandy Nichless LED lights, Diamondbrite color Steel Blue, Noche Travertine Coping & Deck

4. Back To Top    #4

I can't wait to see it in action. I love new ideas and ways of thinking!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

The two trees came down today despite a bit of drizzle. Weather forecast is looking good for the big dig next Tuesday.

Still struggling with what choice to make on waterline tile. Steel Blue seems to be the winner for Diamondbrite color. Anyone have any suggestions?

6. Back To Top    #6

I love that color so that is my vote!

Kim

7. Back To Top    #7

Pool was laid out yesterday. Glad I was there because they reversed a measurement putting the pool 4ft off center. Fortunately I caught the mistake and we got everything where it is supposed to go. Dig was originally supposed to be today but weather last week has the dig crew behind a bit so new schedule to start the mess is Friday.

Also made the decision to eliminate a little bit of my bench area. Decided to take the section out in front of the tanning ledge.

8. Back To Top    #8

Yeah, pls post pictures for us
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

9. Back To Top    #9

VERY glad you caught that! How did they get it wrong? Not paying attention? Did not have plans with them?

That is a good reason to be there for the major things!

Kim

10. Back To Top    #10

On the first point the guy reading the plans apparently called out the measurement backwards. Easy enough to do but good reason why you have to double and triple check everything.

11. Back To Top    #11

How much you want to bet he had it upside down OR he did not think his left was their right!

Kim

12. Back To Top    #12

Had some rain last night so things are a bit soft. The mess got started at 8am.

13. Back To Top    #13

FUN muddy times!

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

Exciting! It's fun to see the hole in the ground get bigger and bigger!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

15. Back To Top    #15

Unfortunately we didn't make much progress. Ground was wetter than it first seemed. Were having real problems in the muck especially outside the dig area where they had to travel to remove material. So rather than fight it and do tons of collateral damage the decision was to dig another day.

16. Back To Top    #16

I can practically feel and hear the mud sucking on the soles of my shoes when I look at that picture, oi, messy!!!
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

17. Back To Top    #17

I was worried about that At least they tried!

Kim

18. Back To Top    #18

Good call. It's hard to wait, but it will be better in the long run, I'm sure.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

19. Back To Top    #19

TFP Guide

Too bad on the rain/mud. But, it's started now and it'll be going again before you know it!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

20. Back To Top    #20

Been waiting for things to dry out. Looks like this is finally going to get dug this Sunday.

Finally made a decision on the waterline tile though so at least all of my selections are done.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast