Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to attach wires on spa heater?

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to attach wires on spa heater?

I have an in ground 850 series Sundance Optima that was installed in 1999. I am unsure if the spa is a 97,98 or 99 model, but it has a 6600-018 circuit board. I needed to disconnect all of the wiring in order an issue with a tripping GFCI, circuit breaker. I reattached all of the wiring with the diagram provided on the inside door of the panel but can not find how to reattach the wiring to my heater. I am looking for where to attach the green, red, and black wire to my heater. The heater is a 6500-214, the stainless steel type with a 90 degree angle/elbow.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Where to attach wires on spa heater?

Quote Originally Posted by derekmccrea View Post
    I have an in ground 850 series Sundance Optima that was installed in 1999. I am unsure if the spa is a 97,98 or 99 model, but it has a 6600-018 circuit board. I needed to disconnect all of the wiring in order an issue with a tripping GFCI, circuit breaker. I reattached all of the wiring with the diagram provided on the inside door of the panel but can not find how to reattach the wiring to my heater. I am looking for where to attach the green, red, and black wire to my heater. The heater is a 6500-214, the stainless steel type with a 90 degree angle/elbow.
    I would try to track down your service manual. My spa is a master spa and has designated connectors for components and all ground wires are attached to one bracket. Green would be ground in your case.
    Intex 15'x48" AG metal frame pool (4,440 gal), Krystal Clear (1600) 14" sand filter, Taylor K2006 test kit, Intex Deluxe Maintenance Kit/vacuum (love it!), Intex Deluxe Skimmer, BBB.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by spanoob9 View Post
    I would try to track down your service manual. My spa is a master spa and has designated connectors for components and all ground wires are attached to one bracket. Green would be ground in your case.
    I looked in my spas service manual and it does not mention how to hook up the heater. It only explains the wiring for the circuit board. I am looking for where to attach thegreen, red, and black wire to my heater. The heater is a 6500-214, the stainlesssteel type with a 90 degree angle/elbow

4. Back To Top    #4

My service manual only shows where to attach wires related to the circuit board, but not individual components. I am looking for where toattach the green, red, and black wire to my heater. The heater is a 6500-214,the stainless steel type with a 90 degree angle/elbow.