My home made solar collector

Hi All.

Just thought I would share a couple of pix of my Solar collector that I have just finished building in the past few days as part of the plumbing upgrade that I have been working on. In the pic that shows it installed, it would seen that the collectors are hidden, but that is just the angle that the photo is taken on.

In 2 days it has raised the pool 7C, from 23 to 30. Bit more of a success than I thought it was going to be.

After I finished Assembly, but before installed on the Roof.
Assembly_Finished_zpsbxzmf0nn.jpg

Once installed on the roof.
Installed_zpsl6g1skr1.jpg

The pool that it is heating.
IMG_3637_zpstcmm2l38.jpg

Its a pity that the next few days are going to be raining, but will be interesting to see how much the temp goes down in that time anyway.

Neil

Your right the white pipe is 50mm PVC. The black pipe is just 13mm Irrigation tube, and lots of time. I've not got any assembly pictures, I dont normally remember to take photos at the right times. (Too busy in what I am normally doing at the time.) I'll go and get a close up of the interface at some point, but its raining at the moment, and the pool is filling nicely from the rain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.