M500 or Vacuum?

Daxton

Jun 6, 2015
Hill Country Texas
Ok, so I have a Legend II pressure cleaner. 5 months in and had enough of it already. Tangles, not reversing well, and not getting the fine stuff out like sand and dust settling at bottom. Had warranty look at it couple times and working fine according to them.
I have a few questions I would like your expertise and or opinions:

A fact I need to add: we are not at the house with the pool but maybe once a month for a couple of days and then on our vacation times. We do have a pool company come by once a week.

Other then when we are here and pull it out to swim. Can I leave the M500 in the pool constantly?

Would I be better off to keep using what I have and just buy a vacuum?
Or
would the M500 do the trick and I will love it?
Lot different $$ involved in these 2 scenarios bit looking for best option with info I shared.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't own a vacuum and rarely use my in-floor cleaner. I have the Dolphin Supreme M5 and absolutely love it. For the first two years I kept my Dolphin in the pool for days at a time but it eventually developed a leak and one of the motors got wet. Fortunately it was repaired under warranty but I now remove the unit promptly after each use.

This is from the Dolphin website:
After each cleaning cycle take the Dolphin out of the water to prevent accelerated wear and tear on its plastic parts.

I hope this helps.

- Flappy

During peak swimming season, I use the robot around once per week; a little more often when we are entertaining. This time of year it is more like once per month.
It really is more a matter of personal preference and how much debris you get in your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.