Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Katchakid or AllSafe pool net, which one and why.

1. Back To Top    #1

Katchakid or AllSafe pool net, which one and why.

I have quotes from both Katchakid and AllSafe pool nets. Both are priced the same. They both have great products, but I can't decide. Has anyone had both?
    Which brand's anchors are least annoying to walk on..etc. Does one have better pulleys?
    The plan is to make a decision in the next week and get the thing installed. I've put the pool net at the top of my to-do list before any other projects are started, so chime in tell me what made you choose one or the other.
    16,000 gallons. Gunite/Plaster. BBBM method. Sand filter. Polaris "Sputnik" cleaner tank.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Katchakid or AllSafe pool net, which one and why.

I recently installed a Katchakid safety net and am very pleased with it!! My brother has a pool so when I bought my house about 1.5 months ago, it was a no brainer for me as I have a 9 y/o that can swim and a 4 y/o that can not swim. From the rep that came to our house to the installer, they were very professional and easy to deal with. I opted for the manual crank and have no issues, I can remove/add back the net within 10 minutes.
    Chris B.

New house w/ 28 y/o I.G. 15k gal. pool/spa, Plaster, Hayward DE-480S Micro Clear Filter, Pentair Whisperflo wfe-4, 1HP (Main Pump), Hayward SP2815x20 (Pump for spa jets), Versa Pool Heater, Hayward Pool Vac Ultra, TF-100 Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I appreciate the response bakerboy.
    16,000 gallons. Gunite/Plaster. BBBM method. Sand filter. Polaris "Sputnik" cleaner tank.

4. Back To Top    #4

TTT need somebody to tell me they are identical or at least one reason to pick one or the other!

5. Back To Top    #5

Going with AllSafe due to them having a dealer local.
    Have to get part of my deck re-poured in the next two weeks before the net can be installed.

6. Back To Top    #6

search for katchakid on this forum you'll find lots of reviews. never heard of the allsafe net.
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.