Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool Accessories - What Do You Have

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Accessories - What Do You Have

So I just ordered a pair of teak steamers for poolside -- a pool without plaster or water yet. I'm waiting for water to actually order my test kit. What else am I gonna need when summer rolls around?

I want to create something like this...

My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Accessories - What Do You Have

End tables for the cold drinks! I'd also get a nice float. I absolutely love this bean bag type lounger float from Frontage. Luxe Edition Kai Floats - Frontgate

I also like a small pillow that straps to the top of the lounge chair (holds on w/ a velcro strap). We got them in BB&Beyond for about $20 each last spring. Made for outdoors as they drain easily and dry quickly.
    Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LED lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter) Robot: Doheny's Dolphin Discovery

3. Back To Top    #3

We did get an end table with the steamers!! FLOATS, gotta get those, need to find on sale.
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Noodles! They only last a summer if you keep them outside but EVERY one loves playing with/on them.

There is a floating cooler! (To lazy to google for link)

PLASTIC cups. You can get the ones that freeze to help keep it cold. NO glass anywhere near the pool!

A nice tray to help carry stuff out to the pool.

I would order your test kit when the gunite is shot so you can practice on your fill water so you know what you need to buy to help balance your water when you get plaster.

Oh and cards to write our invites on for you pool party!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Helen, love love those chairs! Where'd you get them?
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

6. Back To Top    #6

a couple of umbrellas
    a couple of noodles
    and I like my Float for floating around in the pool
    A squirt bazooka and a couple of balls of some sort. They are great for pool parties if young ones are around so they can entertain themselves.

You may need a deck box or some sort of storage to store the smaller things like noodles and toys. The list never ends!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

Always room for more toys, kid or adult! Will have to check out the floating cooler that Kim mentioned. I'm still trying to figure out how I can waterproof my iPad so I can use it while I float!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

8. Back To Top    #8

I would have never thought of water guns, but yeah, good idea!

I've read to get umbrella with metal pole for sunshelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    Helen, love love those chairs! Where'd you get them?
    Goldenteak.com, because they seemed like a nice balance of quality and affordability.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    Always room for more toys, kid or adult! Will have to check out the floating cooler that Kim mentioned. I'm still trying to figure out how I can waterproof my iPad so I can use it while I float!
    http://www.amazon.com/Almatess%C2%AE...owViewpoints=0
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks Northrn! Have you tried it?
    Marla

11. Back To Top    #11

We have very similar chairs to those and love them. They take a cartridge style cushion. Torpedo toys are fun and we also have waterproof plastic cards. I second the noodles and everyone truly loves them.
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

12. Back To Top    #12

For the iPad I use a LifeProof case like this one and love it, works great in the pool or the kitchen or wherever
    http://www.lifeproof.com/en-us/ipad-...pl-ipdair.html
    10,000 IG Plaster w/Spa | Hayward Colorlogic LED lights| Hayward C3030 Cartridge Filter | Hayward H400FDN 400k BTU Heater | Hayward SP3220EE TriStar 2 HP single speed pump | In-floor cleaning system | TF-100 | Build finished Jan 2016

13. Back To Top    #13

Floating Coolers and Inflatable Coolers | Pool Coolers

Amazon.com: pool cooler floating

Some cute ones! I have not idea if they work but worth a try!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

Pool build spring/summer 2015. IG. 750 sq ft pool. 40 sq.ft spa. 18ft x 42ft rectangle, 31,000 gallons, SWG, DE Pentair model, 2 boosters variable speed model, heater master temp Pentair, Quartz finish Aegean Green, CoverStar Automated Pool Cover, Kreepy Krawley Platinum, TF100,SpeedStir My Build in Progress

15. Back To Top    #15

You need some essentials:

Shatterproof Wine Glasses

Shatterproof Rocks Glasses

Turkish Towels

Kelsyus Floating Lounger

And don't get me started on bars, coolers, palm trees and music!!!
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

16. Back To Top    #16

These all all great!! Hopefully i can remember this thread when we are ready to buy! LOL!
    My hubby said he wanted a reclining pool float so I proceeded to show him the one from Frontgate. I think when he said it he didn't think there was such a thing!
    Marla

17. Back To Top    #17

Marla.........tell hubby who you have in your back pocket helping you spend the money LOL Ask and we WILL find it!

Kim

18. Back To Top    #18

So many good idea, I wish I had these ideas before Christmas - !!!

19. Back To Top    #19

Essential sitting areas:
    2 lounge chairs with a table between them.
    4 person rectangular table with umbrella.
    Deck box - first thing we got: Gotta store all those cushions and fun toys!

We found a cheap 'dorm room' small fridge we placed up on our screened patio near the pool we stock with cold drinks and all....to prevent having tons of people always running into our kitchen getting water all over. ( It's stored away when not pool season).
    - The usual plastic beer/wine/margarita cups have been really nice.
    - The usual floating/inflatable rafts and toys ( Wal-Mart is our friend in early spring)
    - Also I love the little basketball pool side hoop
    18x30 Freeform In-ground Vinyl Lined. 11,500 gallons.
    4 returns, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains.
    Hayward TriStar 1hp 2-Speed Pump. Hayward S244T Filter.Hayward Goldline Panel + SWG.
    Polaris 280 cleaner. AquaComfort 75k BTU Heatpump
    TF-100

20. Back To Top    #20

TFP Guide

I had trouble finding something that would work as a float for someone a bit . . . ah bigger. Ended up going with a TRC Pool Float ordered on Walmart. The GF loves it as it keeps her up out of the water.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/TRC-Recrea...ingMethod=p13n

The other addition last year was a lounge chair with a cut out for your face when sunning from ebay. It's like a massage table with a flip up pillow that covers the hole when you're face up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ?° too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast