Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi all,

1. Back To Top    #1

Mt Airy/NC

Hi all,

Although I'm 73 yrs old, I'll be a newbie to having a pool installed this Spring.(AG) I retired early 1990s to Florida on my boat, so did a lot of swimming in the ocean and other salty waters. Then we bought a home in SW Florida to tie up the boat and I did some 'house sitting' during the summer months. Some had in-ground pools, so sort of picked up some knowledge and familiarity that way. We had some hurricane probs in 2004, so decided to change the scenery and moved to NW NC by 2005. We didn't have a pool and we realized how much we missed the 'pool and swimming atmosphere'. I started this past Fall to investigate and decide what we wanted and could afford. We expect to install our AG pool in April, and with the help and expertise of the members of this site, I'll have enough knowledge to keep my pool a happy and safe place! Thanks for having this site.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: Hi all,

Welcome to TFP!!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hi all,

You're welcome! And thanks for joining in. Check out the Above Ground pool section, and I'm sure you'll find lots of helpful info.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr