New pool owner needs help in So. Cal.

Dec 29, 2015
Chino/CA
Recently bought a house with an IG pool/spa, need help with the following items:

Can you please help me identify what equipment I have, specifically what type/kind of pumps do I have? Heater brand/type? I know the model of filter I have.

I also have questions about my Hayward Pool Vac Ultra, has anyone rebuilt one of these?

My spa/blower has a pneumatic air switch, how hard/easy is it to convert over to something else?

Welcome to TFP!

Can you give me a picture of the two plates on the pump body and the one on the motor.

There appears to be a second pump or blower motor also can we get a picture of whatever plate is on that and a picture of the whole thing.

Just a guess but the main box controls the pool pump and switches on the right the lights and the spa. The heater is controlled by the controls on the heater? Correct?

The white pump next to the stainless steel filter is a Pentair Whisperflow. I can't see enough of the label to tell what horsepower it is. The other to the left of the Whisperflow is under a pump cover, but the strainer lid looks like it may be a Hayward pump. The pump cover should just lift off and you will be able to see what the brand and horsepower this pump has. If you can post a photo of the labels close up we can identify the pumps better.

Thanks for the replies and YT link everyone!!!

I will get a picture of everything up close this weekend, working today and tomorrow full day :( and by the time I get home, its dark.

But yes, I definitely know the heater and most of my equipment is older. I'm still trying to figure out how to heat my spa!!!! LoL I've basically figured out that my jets don't push out warm water, instead there is 1 water "outlet" (for lack of better terms), its not a jet that pushes out the warm water. So what I do is, I turn the heater on and isolate the spa, no suction, no jets on and push out the warm water until it heats up (about an hour) Am I doing that correctly? Does anyone know what the 2 toggle switches are for on the heater?

Also, do you guys have any experience re-building a Hayward ultra vac?

One toggle switch should be on/off and one should be to select which thermostat to use. The dual thermostats are so that someone can use the heater for a pool/spa combo and set two different temperature settings.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.