Pool Size
test results..

FC 7.5
cc 0.0
ph 7.6
TA 75
cya 80
ch 350

the only thing I did was add dry stabilizer to raise from 60 to 80...i can see the drain cover screws in the deep end, it just lost the shine. Could it be the stabilizer? Than You

2aa4610ae8b6286669a204b76c6958a6.jpg

maybe my imagination, but it looks better when I increase the speed on vsp.

here is picture

So nothing jumps out at me as being too out of the ordinary from a chemistry perspective. Please keep running your pool pump until all the CYA is dissolved (you should NOT leave the sock full of CYA in the skimmer if the pump is not running) and then perform the OCLT so we can confirm your water is free of anything that might/could be growing (I suspect it is ok). I, personally, like to bring my FC up to 10ppm to do an OCLT rather than just recording where it is the night before and measuring again in the morning. But your FC is high enough that it would be ok to do an OCLT at 7.5ppm. Just make sure you use your FAS-DPD chlorine test to get an accurate read of the FC AND be sure that you run your pumps all night (as well as any water features) and turn OFF the SWG.

Good luck,
Matt

didn't know that OCLT test required to run pump all night, I must of missed that in the pool school..Thanks

It does not actually say to do that and I'll have to inquire with the higher-ups as to why, but that is how I always do it. If there were something causing an FC demand in your pool, then leaving the pump off would be ok. However, if the issue were to be in a part of your system that only sees water when the pump is running, you might not catch the problem with a stagnant OCLT.

I'll leave it up to you to decide what would work the best. In my opinion, you leave the pumps running. Others may have better reasoning if it truly does not matter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
your logic is correct, I'll run the pump all night...Thanks for the tip..where it says to turn off the swg, that would suggest to me that the pump is to run when doing the oclt, or the swg would be off anyways if the pump is off.

just a follow up, pool is back to being sparkling again, sure does take along time coming down with the chlorine , maybe because the water is colder now...

Glad to hear it. Yes, cold water means there's little to no algae growth, no bathers to create bather waste and low incident UV sunlight. Therefore the FC loss rate drops to very low values. Some measure less than 0.2ppm/day in the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.