Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Urgent Help With Pool Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Urgent Help With Pool Filter

I am having something weird issue with the pool. The temperature over here is around 35F.

Since yesterday the free protection will turn on and off like 3-4 times within 5 minutes. Also sporadically water circulation will stop in the pool. Because of this cold I have to keep the Filter On but it turns off anytime.

Can someone please help me with the issue? I am not sure if the dirt is stuck in filter or pipes are frozen. Thanks a lot.
    Year built: 2000, 16,000 Gallon, In Ground Pebble pool- 90' perimeter/19'*35'(W*L), Pentair Pool filter, 200 sq.ft. cartridge filter, Jandy energy filter, Polaris 360 pool Cleaner, Clear Vision natural water purifier : Model XG, Century centurion pump motor (HP 2.0, Hz: 60, Type: CX), Jandy valve (JVA 2440), Pool heating- Delta family (120V, 60Hz, 3 amps), Aqualink RS6 pool/spa control

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Urgent Help With Pool Filter

Is it the pump starting and stopping, or does the water just stop running out of the returns?

Is there any type error on the system?

Have you tried resetting the system?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

What is the outside air temperature?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    What is the outside air temperature?
    Its around 35F.

- - - Updated - - -

I have not tried resetting. Are you saying I should reset thru control panel? Thanks!
    Year built: 2000, 16,000 Gallon, In Ground Pebble pool- 90' perimeter/19'*35'(W*L), Pentair Pool filter, 200 sq.ft. cartridge filter, Jandy energy filter, Polaris 360 pool Cleaner, Clear Vision natural water purifier : Model XG, Century centurion pump motor (HP 2.0, Hz: 60, Type: CX), Jandy valve (JVA 2440), Pool heating- Delta family (120V, 60Hz, 3 amps), Aqualink RS6 pool/spa control

5. Back To Top    #5

I'd try that and see if it helps.

At 35F you're right at the actuation point for the FP to kick in. However it should have a deadband that keeps it from short cycling.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit