How can I tell if this pool is resin? I want to be able to run Salt Water

Tap the top rail with your ring. Does it sound like metal or plastic? Metal will TING where plastic will plonk (I hope this makes sense)

Also look at the bottom "track" the walls sit in. Do the tap test again.

Kim

It is not a resin pool. Resin is just another name for plastic.the only thing that would be resin is the top rails and the bottom track that the pool sits in.

My understanding is that you cannot run salt unless the pool is all resin due to rust.

I was hoping that because of the design on the side, it might be a plastic pool. I've never seen above ground pools with those paint jobs unless they are plastic. But then again, I don't know anything about pools. So thats what I'm here. :)

My understanding is that you cannot run salt unless the pool is all resin due to rust.

I was hoping that because of the design on the side, it might be a plastic pool. I've never seen above ground pools with those paint jobs unless they are plastic. But then again, I don't know anything about pools. So thats what I'm here. :)
The chlorinated water it is filled with is almost, if not just as corrosive as the small amount of salt in the water. If the pool is made with a lesser grade steel it is going to rust, salt or no salt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.