Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Multiline Pipe Configuration

1. Back To Top    #1

Multiline Pipe Configuration

I have noticed some members reference the importance of having separate pipes for skimmers, returns, drains, water features, etc. to the pad. A great thread referencing this is here. Can anyone tell me if the below picture is a multiline configuration? It seems like it is, however every pipe doesn't have a separate valve.

PoolPad.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Multiline Pipe Configuration

Could you label them please. I see the writing on the pipes but cannot read it.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I cannot read all of the pipes either. The two pipes sharing the same valve on the left are labeled return. The two pipes in the middle sharing the same valve are labeled deck jets. The 2 pipes sharing the same valve on the right are labeled skimmer and drain. That's all I can read from the picture.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

It is difficult to tell from the picture and lack of info. Do you have a spa?

Your configuration does allow you to isolate each pipe. Its just a matter of more information on the details of your pool, spa, returns, and water features.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

5. Back To Top    #5

This actually isn't my pool. My PB has a ton of pictures of past builds and I have noticed all of the pads have a configuration pretty much like this one. I figured why not post a picture to find out if it is a multiline configuration? I want to make sure I have a multiline configuration when my pool is installed. Based on the diagram in the other thread, it seems to me like it is a multiline configuration in the picture with the exception that all of the pipes do not have separate valves.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

I would agree with that but each line does indeed have its own valve. The threeports allow for either line to be closed, or both lines closed off completely. At any rate, it looks to be a good set up.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page