Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tree Trimming left debris in pool - now having issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Corpus Christi, TX

Tree Trimming left debris in pool - now having issues

So check it out. We have huge oak trees that were recently trimmed and the debris was in the pool too long. My flow stopped. I looked at videos on youtube and came across how to fix the impeller. The impeller was broken, so I changed it with a new seal. The motor is turning the impeller but it wont prime and the motor shuts off about 20 seconds after running. Can someone tell me what to do next?
    22,000 gallon salt water pool with spa.AO 2 hp motor, w challenger pump. Polaris bottom feeder. Sand filter. Gas heater for spa and pool. Bubbler. 2 timers - one for main pump and one for Polaris. Salt controller is computer on wall. Salt cell is rated for 20K+ gallons.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Tree Trimming left debris in pool - now having issues

If you didnt do it already, try priming the pump with a 5 gallon bucket. That often will get it going.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!