Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2 Good Closing Tips!!

1. Back To Top    #1

2 Good Closing Tips!!

My husband and I figured out a couple things this year that made closing a lot smoother and kept tempers from flaring. They may be nothing new but I haven't seen them mentioned.

The hardest part for us is putting the cover on, so this time we got 2 full pieces of PVC (1.5 and 2.0 inch) and slid one into the other to make an axle and rolled the cover up tight on it first. Then we slowly unrolled and anchored it as we went along without dropping the cover in the pool!
    IMG_0793 (1).jpg

Then I found this 6" x 30" foam exercise roller cut in half perfectly fits in the skimmers and displaces enough water to keep us from having to pump the shimmers out every time they fill up. We've always put cut up pieces of foam tube in there for ice expansion, but this is much cleaner and takes up most of the space so much less water can accumulate.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: 2 Good Closing Tips!!

Great ideas! I've never thought of the pipe inside another pipe.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: 2 Good Closing Tips!!

NEAT ideas! Thanks for sharing!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!