Hi TFP team.
We moved into our current place about 18 months ago and inherited a 27k gal in-ground pool. We upgraded the filter and converted it to salt water. Both may have been a mistake, at least in the short term.
The pool is coming up on 10 years old next summer and, as a pool rookie I think I see the following issues;
- The newer, heavier filter has cracked the equipment concrete slab (not pictured)
- The salt water appears to be significantly accelerating the wear and tear on the flag stone coping around the pool. They are coming loose.
- Whatever the sealant stuff that is running between the pool and the deck is coming out
- I think I have a leak in the lines from the water feature to the pump.
- Light's not working properly
Bottom line I need some work done and before I reached out to builders for quotes I thought I would post here and see if folks had any advice?
Any - "If you are doing this then you may as well do that at the same time" type things?
Any other pointers when doing renovations/repairs that a newbie ought to look out for?
What coping is best installed on a Salt water pool?
Thanks in Advance