Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: when you go out of town....

1. Back To Top    #1

when you go out of town....

is there anything special we should do? it's 475 gallons. just changed the water 2 weeks ago....7 days. don't want to come back to nastiness!
    19k SW IG
    Wet Edge pebble tech = new 5/16 (replaster)
    Hayward variable speed pump (new 6/17) /Shark for cleaning
    New - filled 10/18/14 - TFP 100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: when you go out of town....

I'm confused. What is 475 gallons?
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

3. Back To Top    #3

hot tub. You freaked me for a second - thought I posted under the wrong forum!
    19k SW IG

4. Back To Top    #4

You didn't say chlorine or bromine so I will assume bromine.

I am just learning on mine but what I would do is clean the filter, make sure the chemistry is correct, turn the heater down to its lowest setting (just in case there's frost in Houston - ha!), shock with bleach or bromine sanitizer to make sure you've oxidized all the bromine, and get the bromine up to about 10 or more. Couple of bromine tabs in a floater that is closed most of the way would help too. It should probably be OK like that and even if it's not, a cup of bleach should fix it when you get back.
    Pool: 16,000 gallons, 16x31, 500SqFt gunite pool, White Pebbletec interior, built by Cody Pools. Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 pump, Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge Filter, In-line chlor with Ultra UV, PV3 Infloor cleaning, Pentair Easytouch-P4 control. TF-100
    Spa: 525 Gallons, Coast fiberglass spa of unknown vintage and suspect previous care with a 2-speed main pump and a blower motor, both 4HP. 3-step bromine sanitized.

5. Back To Top    #5

yeah, it's bromine. We have to order new filters. it's on the list. We have a floater. I will tell the hubby to add extra bromine to it.
    19k SW IG

6. Back To Top    #6

When I see "floater" for some reason I always think of something else! LOL,
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop