Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 360 getting stuck

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 360 getting stuck

I have a polaris 360 that has been working fine for 5 years. It started getting stuck in the same corner and would not back out. I have completely rebuilt the unit, replaced the back up valve and the same problem is happening. The swivels appear to be fine and there is no leaks in the hose. I am going absolutely crazy trying to figure this out. I have cleaned all filters and clean the hose filter often. Wheel RPM is 28. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 360 getting stuck

Have you thought about a replacement hose? Nothing stick or rubbing a wheel?
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

I have thought about a replacement hose but at this point everything I have thought of I have replaced and that has not worked. All the wheels spin when stuck in the corner. Thanks

4. Back To Top    #4

The reverse valve must not be cycling if the unit stays in the corner. I just replaced my reverse valve and when it activates it makes the unit fly through the pool.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

I replaced the valve. I thought the new valve was not working but it is cycling.
    18K pool, gunite, Jandy CL460, (2) Jandy JPH1.0 pumps, waterfall, Polaris 360 cleaner, Fafco solar panels with 1.5hp pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Are you saying that when the reverse valve cycles the unit does not get pulled away from the obstacles?
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

7. Back To Top    #7

That is exactly what I am saying.
    18K pool, gunite, Jandy CL460, (2) Jandy JPH1.0 pumps, waterfall, Polaris 360 cleaner, Fafco solar panels with 1.5hp pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Either you reverse valve is NOT working or you do not have sufficient water flow from your pressure cleaner outlet. When the backup valve cycles, it will pull the cleaner across the pool.

9. Back To Top    #9

Just checked it. It seems like it has enough pressure to back it out but it clearly isn't so it doesn't. What in the unit itself would cause insufficient back pressure?

10. Back To Top    #10

Do you have a separate pump that supplies the unit?

11. Back To Top    #11

Yes. I am in the pump business and the pump is working fine.

12. Back To Top    #12

I know nothing about this cleaner, but one comment that you made doesn't seem to me to have been addressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidm2262 View Post
    All the wheels spin when stuck in the corner.
    Does this mean that the wheels are spinning in the correct direction to pull the cleaner out of the corner? Some type of track ion issue?
    30,000 gal, 20 x 40 ft vinyl, IG, installed 2006
    1 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair Quad D.E., Liquidator(8 gallon) with 3/8 upgrade,TigerShark cleaning robot
    TFTestkits TF-100 with SpeedStir,WS
    A proud practitioner of TFP since 2013

13. Back To Top    #13

It appears that the brand new back up valve is not cycling. I pulled it apart and it looks fine. I am at a complete loss.

14. Back To Top    #14

Is it possible that it was installed backwards? The tapered end should be towards the cleaning unit.

15. Back To Top    #15

Hairline crack in the hose. Problem fixed, sanity restored. Thank all

16. Back To Top    #16

Great. Glad that issue is off the table.