LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Casey here you go!

vette across pond.jpg

P1010004.jpg

poolhouse.jpg

stairdone.jpg

We had to finish the whole thing on the inside-running wire, putting up and finishing drywall (I HATE taping/mudding/finishing drywall).

The only thing left is flooring. Right now it is still bare wood. One day it will be done!

Kim

Slick pool house!!

We have a beautiful 600 sq ft casita next to our pool but, unfortunately, the mother-in-law lives in it. It will make an awesome pool/play house once the current "resident" moves on... (many years from now much to my chagrin ;) ).

Daaaaang... glad i pushed Kim for these pics or wed of never got to see them! :mrgreen: LOL I'm playing with ya Kim but dang that is nice!

We are going back and forth on the flooring----------NO tile as there is too much flex=broken grout and such. We LOVE carpet but.....it is right by the pool=water AND it is where we start the new cats=litter/accidents. Vinyl=too slippy I am worried. We might sand the wood down and put several layers of paint down. THAT is why it has not been done yet.

It is 750 sq. feet. It had plumbing heading to it and a tub/shower surround in the little room. When people started asking about renting or staying there we took out and capped all of the plumbing as well as removing the tub. We do NOT want to be landlords! LOL

Kim

I installed a vinyl wood plank look-a-like product in my basement from the pool to the bathroom. It came in multiple 6" wide by 36" long pieces. It is now a residential product that stemmed from industrial, mostly retail use. As such is very durable. The "raised grain of the wood" actually makes it fairly slip resistant; certainly not perfect but beats wet carpet and it is very reasonably priced. I, like you, was worried about the slip factor vs. dripping swimmers ruining the carpet. I am pretty happy with my selection. One note - traction is much better walking perpendicular to plank than with it, but you may be able to lay it accordingly. Here is one option:

TrafficMASTER Allure 6 in. x 36 in. Cherry Resilient Vinyl Plank Flooring (24 sq. ft. / case)-12012 - The Home Depot

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes that is him. If you look by the pine tree there is one of the cats and there is one in his lap.

We have an otter mom that brings her babies to hunt and eat frogs in the spring. Behind us is registered, protected wetlands. In front of the house is the rest of the property. We have a total of 6.5 acres. It is heaven on Earth for us.

Kim

Kim! What a gorgeous place you have! It looks like a perfect, peaceful retreat. You did an amazing job on that pool house, it's beautiful! Really love all the light! Bravo! Thanks for sharing!

We had my husband's family over today for Christmas. They all enjoy sitting by the pool and just listening to the quiet. The hawks (2 sets of red tails) were very active today. Two wood peckers joined in the fun as well as the cats hunting minnows in the pond!

ALL family get togethers are here due to space and it being so peaceful! The only down side is getting down the dirt road after it rains until some of the neighbors use their tractors on it. I make sure to make them my strawberry pie as a thank you a couple of times a year! It is a win-win!

Our neighbor's horse comes to play in the pond every once in a while! He knocks his electric fence wire down and wonders on down. If we see him before they notice he is gone we give them a call just so they know where he is! When I notice he is about to head home I call them again to come get him or I hop on and make sure he makes it home. LOL

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.