Thread: Pool and pool house

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool and pool house

Casey here you go!

vette across pond.jpg

P1010004.jpg

poolhouse.jpg

stairdone.jpg

We had to finish the whole thing on the inside-running wire, putting up and finishing drywall (I HATE taping/mudding/finishing drywall).

The only thing left is flooring. Right now it is still bare wood. One day it will be done!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool and pool house

Kim, what a great job you did! And that's one fabulous pool house! Are you putting in tile for the floor?
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

3. Back To Top    #3

How nice is that!!!??? Wow, what a "Pool House"
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Very cool!! nice vette also !
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

5. Back To Top    #5

Slick pool house!!

We have a beautiful 600 sq ft casita next to our pool but, unfortunately, the mother-in-law lives in it. It will make an awesome pool/play house once the current "resident" moves on... (many years from now much to my chagrin ).
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

6. Back To Top    #6

Daaaaang... glad i pushed Kim for these pics or wed of never got to see them! LOL I'm playing with ya Kim but dang that is nice!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

We are going back and forth on the flooring----------NO tile as there is too much flex=broken grout and such. We LOVE carpet but.....it is right by the pool=water AND it is where we start the new cats=litter/accidents. Vinyl=too slippy I am worried. We might sand the wood down and put several layers of paint down. THAT is why it has not been done yet.

It is 750 sq. feet. It had plumbing heading to it and a tub/shower surround in the little room. When people started asking about renting or staying there we took out and capped all of the plumbing as well as removing the tub. We do NOT want to be landlords! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

I installed a vinyl wood plank look-a-like product in my basement from the pool to the bathroom. It came in multiple 6" wide by 36" long pieces. It is now a residential product that stemmed from industrial, mostly retail use. As such is very durable. The "raised grain of the wood" actually makes it fairly slip resistant; certainly not perfect but beats wet carpet and it is very reasonably priced. I, like you, was worried about the slip factor vs. dripping swimmers ruining the carpet. I am pretty happy with my selection. One note - traction is much better walking perpendicular to plank than with it, but you may be able to lay it accordingly. Here is one option:

TrafficMASTER Allure 6 in. x 36 in. Cherry Resilient Vinyl Plank Flooring (24 sq. ft. / case)-12012 - The Home Depot
    16' x 32' (21100 gal), vinyl, 1.5 hp Hayward SuperPump,
    Tagelus TA60/60D Sand Filter, Raypak 399K Digital Heater, TF-100

9. Back To Top    #9

THAT MAY BE IT! I will show this to my husband. This stuff is easy to put down too! Look at all of the color chooses!

THANKS!

Kim

10. Back To Top    #10

I was also going to suggest that product as we put that in the bathroom that our pool guests use. It is fantastic.
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

11. Back To Top    #11

Otter that alone could push us that way! I am loving the colors! I will be getting samples of them all LOL

THANKS!

Kim

12. Back To Top    #12

I LOVE the pool house!!!! Thanks for sharing! Casey, thanks for nagging!

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    I LOVE the pool house!!!! Thanks for sharing! Casey, thanks for nagging!
    No problem.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

14. Back To Top    #14

Kim, I love the purple globes on the newel posts!

- - - Updated - - -

Somehow I missed those the first time!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

15. Back To Top    #15

And hubby (?) admiring the vet!

16. Back To Top    #16

Yes that is him. If you look by the pine tree there is one of the cats and there is one in his lap.

We have an otter mom that brings her babies to hunt and eat frogs in the spring. Behind us is registered, protected wetlands. In front of the house is the rest of the property. We have a total of 6.5 acres. It is heaven on Earth for us.

Kim

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

Kim! What a gorgeous place you have! It looks like a perfect, peaceful retreat. You did an amazing job on that pool house, it's beautiful! Really love all the light! Bravo! Thanks for sharing!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

18. Back To Top    #18

We had my husband's family over today for Christmas. They all enjoy sitting by the pool and just listening to the quiet. The hawks (2 sets of red tails) were very active today. Two wood peckers joined in the fun as well as the cats hunting minnows in the pond!

ALL family get togethers are here due to space and it being so peaceful! The only down side is getting down the dirt road after it rains until some of the neighbors use their tractors on it. I make sure to make them my strawberry pie as a thank you a couple of times a year! It is a win-win!

Our neighbor's horse comes to play in the pond every once in a while! He knocks his electric fence wire down and wonders on down. If we see him before they notice he is gone we give them a call just so they know where he is! When I notice he is about to head home I call them again to come get him or I hop on and make sure he makes it home. LOL

Kim

19. Back To Top    #19

Sounds like heaven, Kim. Merry Christmas!

20. Back To Top    #20

Kim, the only thing you need now is an IG pool!
    Marla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast