When I shock my pool with the recommended amount of liquid shock it would take almost a week for the chlorine levels to drop back to normal levels. Most say you should be able to swim the next day but I found that wasn't the case. I went against my installers advice of shocking once a week to roughly once every six to eight weeks. The recommended reentry level of 3 ppm. I might be mistaking the reentry level. I tried lowering the amount of shock with no difference. Anyone experience this. I would also shut down the chlorinated.