Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DFW/ Dallas area Builders

1. Back To Top    #1

DFW/ Dallas area Builders

Hey everyone, I'm in need of some help with my search of a reputable pool builder that works in my area. My home is located in Forney, which is about 20 miles east of Dallas. It is close to Mesquite, Sunnyvale, Rockwall, and Heath. I've contacted several builders that came highly recommended, but they will not come out "this far." One very well know revered builder that don't work this area, cautioned me and said there is a lot below par work being done in the Rockwall area. I want to compare companies and bids, but heck, can't even find any that may work. Not like I live in the middle of nowhere! Anyway, I know there are some good guys out there just need help finding them. I feel like I should stay away from the big national guys as I don't want to be just "another number" in a long list. Your help is greatly appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: DFW/ Dallas area Builders

You might try Custom Outdoor Trends out of Rockwall if you haven't already. We interviewed them and were impressed, although we haven't completely decided what route we're going to take on our build yet. Craig, the owner, was very responsive and they seem to have good reviews.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

3. Back To Top    #3

Maybe give a call to Reber and Co and talk to them. We didn't end up using him but I spoke to Gerry's wife who answered the phone and since they've been around for decades she gave me the lowdown on all the builders in my area including the one we are now using.
    Free-form IG Gunite | Length 32 ft | Width 19 ft | Depth 3.5-5-7 | 14,462 gallons | Raised Spa 6.5 x 9 | IntelliFlo VS Filter pump 2" | Pentair FNS Plus 60 sq ft D.E. filter | 320 inline chlorinator w/UV & IC 40 SWG | Dolphin M5 | Easy Touch 8 | TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Reber built our pool and did a great job. They've also been our neighbor for 9 years.
    Reber Pools
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

We used El Dorado Pools based in Rowlett. Rene and his entire crew were awesome.

El Dorado Pools Gold Quality in all we do!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the heads up. May I ask who you ended up using?

7. Back To Top    #7

Good luck in your search!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter