Heater does not start

53R610

Dec 22, 2015
Katy/TX
Hi,

I have a Zodiac AquaLink PDA, and when trying to start the heater for the SPA, it does not do anything.
I first turn on the SPA Mode to let the pump run circulating the water in the SPA.
Then I try to turn on the SPA Heater.
I noticed that the remote is not showing ON for the SAP Heater, but instead it is showing ENA.

Reading at other post in this forum I learned that the Heater will become ENABLED if the temperature of the water is >82 degrees, or if the pump is not on. But in my case, none of these 2 conditions are happening. The pump is one and it is circulating thru the SPA, and the water temperature definitively is lower than 82 degrees.

I notice that the PDA is showing the air temperature but it is not showing the SAP Water temperature (it shows --).

What can I do to solve this problem?

Best regards,
Sergio

The PDA showing dashes for the water temp usually means the sensor is bad or has a loose connection and it won't allow the heater to operate. My guess is that once you fix the temp sensor problem your heater will work fine.

You should also be able to confirm your heater is working correctly by taking it out of remote mode and then operate the heater from its control panel. Always a quick way to diagnose if it's the unit or not. Plus you can still run the heater manually while you work on getting the temp sensor replaced.

To add what everyone else added, owning a jandy pda and their equipment, ENA or enabled on your jandy pda remote simply means that it is enabled to activate when the set temperature is above the actual water temperature. If you have your spa heat set to 70 and the spa is 80 it will show ENA (enabled) on the pda remote until the temp falls to 70 and then it will show ON until its heated to the set temperature. If spa heat is set to 104 and the spa is at 80 it should switch to ON from ENA.

Based on your original post it sounds like your temp is not set to what you want to heat the pool/spa to and or the pool/spa has achieved that temperature and its when back to an enabled mode until the temp drops back to that set temperature. You could also still be in pool mode with the spa heat enabled.

Hope that helps, and you should be getting a water temp, if not it will not activate to reach your desired temperature as it doesn't know if the water is already exceeded what your asking it to do

Also jandy has all their manuals online at zodiac pool systems and are pretty easy to trouble shoot with

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.