Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Single color light to replace Jandy CPHVLEDS50

1. Back To Top    #1

Single color light to replace Jandy CPHVLEDS50

I want to find out what options are available to replace my Jandy CPHVLEDS50 multi-color light. It's died the end of last summer (I can hear the relay, but no light). I'm looking for a lower cost option, and would be fine with a single color solution - preferably one that enables an affordable bulb replacement the next time it goes out).

I have a Jandy PDA system with v4.1 firmware.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Single color light to replace Jandy CPHVLEDS50

Welcome to the forum Dave

Someone should be along soon with some help for you.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Agreed that the Jandy LED is a pricey light option, both new and when you have to replace the "light engine" when it goes bad ($499...what the??).

You will need to buy a new pool light assembly (housing, lens, gasket, circular face trim, 300w or 500w bulb). Google "Pentair-Amerlite" pool light. For about $200/$250' you'll get a 120v pool light assembly with 50'/100' of wire that you will have to splice into your existing wire and pull it through. (i.e., you won't be able to just hook up a new light to the existing wire that now runs from the light to the pool panel power source).

With this set up, you have several options. You can stick with just the plain white bulb; or buy a colored lens kit if you want a colored light; or for about $169, you can buy a reasonably priced screw-in multi colored led light bulb (Google "BulbWizard).

This set up won't have you breaking the bank when you have to replace either the plain light bulb or the LED light bulb.
    Pool: 13k gal. in-ground; Stonescape Mini Pebble - Tropics Blue; Connected Spa - dual spill-over; Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG; AquaLogic PS-4 Automation; Sta-Rite DE Filter; Sta-Rite Max-e-Therm 400k BTU pool heater; Intellifo 2-VST Pump; Stenner 45mp2(25psi/10gpd) acid injection; Bulbwizard color LED pool lights; Poolvergnuegen 2 wheel side suction cleaner; FAFCO rooftop solar. TF-100 w/ speed stir.

4. Back To Top    #4

Perfect ... that's just what I was looking for. I like having the option to go back to multi-color LED with this setup.

Thanks for the help,
    Dave