iAqualLink web control no access to schedules

atttech-2

Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 24, 2015
Central Valley CA
I have an iAqualLink connected to my Z4 pool only panel and use both the phone app and the web control via both internet explorer and chrome on windows 7 and 8. Recently I called tech support for an unrelated problem I was having with my panel and the tech was able to see all my schedules and manipulate them. When I asked him about it he said he thought it is available via the web interface on a PC only. I did not have time during the call to investigate further and the tech I was talking to was a hardware guy and unsure about the web connection and how it is supposed to work. I have never been able to access schedules, I can only turn devices on/off and see status. I had had thought that it was just a limitation of the Z4 since I don't have an RS or a PDA. I have been all over the web interface and I don't see a button for scheduling when I click on my pool it opens in a separate window and part of the secure link has the word "mobile" in it. This leads me to believe that even though I am on a PC I am somehow getting the striped down mobile version of the controls. I have tried several computers with several browsers same result. I can call tech support back and see what they say but I figured I would ask here before doing that in case it is a known issue if not I will give them a call and report back what they say.

I also have Jandy Z4 automation and can log in just fine. But I share in the frustration over the limitation that Z4 does not provide the ability to change schedules online like the RS system does. I can only change the scheduling through the front panel on the main Z4 unit itself. On my computer or the phone app I can only set heater temperatures and turn pump and spa on or off along with turning on or off the three aux inputs whatever you have assigned to them. If there is a way for the Z4 system to allow me to modify pump schedules and RPM's and other parameters from my computer I would love to know how this is done. My pool builder said this was a limitation of the Z4 system and if I wanted that I would have needed to go RS.

Sorry, i was thinking RS, that's what i get for skimming...

The only way to achieve what you are asking is to purchase the "upgrade" for that system, the iQ904-X. X being the designation for either a pool only, basically no valves (P), or pool and spa (PS).
MSRP is about $1480.00 for the pool/spa version, and $1300.00 for the pool or single body version. I'm sure you can find it for less on the net.

Complete swap out to RS while more user friendly, would not be cost effective...

atttech-2, if your interested in upgrading to the RS system talk with your builder. They may be able to work with you on the price to upgrade after they hear your not happy with its limitations. Since your build was completed this year call them up and see, worth a try.

After voicing my concerns on the limitations of my Z4 system to my builder, he said he would upgrade me to the RS system for another 1k and this was over a year after my build was completed. I chose not to bother since I can live with what I have.

So it sounds like it's what I thought the Z4 does not do the schedules via iAquaLink. I am ok with that for the price it is just disappointing to find out that it's not a technical limitation, if it were technical in nature the tech support guy would not have been able to see my schedules. Must be a features for price point thing.

Thanks everyone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.