FlowVis® Flow Meter - Your Pool GPM

Scoop

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 13, 2012
Dallas, TX
I recently installed the FlowVis® Flow Meter. I was wondering what other members are seeing with their GPM readings on their pools.

My info:

- In-Ground 15k Gal kidney-shaped pool
- 2" Piping
- Pentair "Challenger" single-speed Pump; no specs available
- Pump/Filter are close to pool
- D.E. Filter - 36 Sq Ft . Typical PSI: 15-16 . Last Backwash was done on Nov 11/23/15 . My usual Backwash cycle (time between Backwashes) is between 3-6 months.

My FlowVis® Meter initial reading was about 52-53 GPM. It seems to have settled out at 50 GPM after 4 days with the meter installed.

I am not sure how other pools gpm will be helpful. 50 or sop gpm seems about right for your pool but a little hard to say with no pump specs available.

My pool was around 82 gpm but a larger pool and pump.

What are you hoping to determine?

I am not sure how other pools gpm will be helpful. 50 or sop gpm seems about right for your pool but a little hard to say with no pump specs available.

My pool was around 82 gpm but a larger pool and pump.

What are you hoping to determine?

Thanks for the info. I was curious about it since I've never measured my pool's GPM before installing this meter and was wondering how it compared with other member's pools.

I can't obtain the Pump specs due to the age of the pump casing. The template is rusted and aged (not readable).

I would say that flow sounds reasonable. I bet it is a little lower than your pump curve (long gone) but my actual flow is lower than the pump curve, too.

If it is easy for you to divert all the flow out of the pump into a 5 -gallon bucket, you can test the accuracy of the Flow-vis.

I would throttle down the suction side until I got the Flow-vis reading about thirty gpm. Then your 5 gallon bucket should fill in 10 seconds.

Might be too much work if your setup is glued without unions but I thought I would mention it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.