Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Got the test kit!

1. Back To Top    #1

Got the test kit!

It's like Xmas morning!!!!

15,000 Gal Gunite pool/ Jandy Pro Series Stealth 2HP/ Jandy DEL60 sand filter/ Polaris PB4-60

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Got the test kit!

Congrats to you, and Merry Christmas!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Results as follows.
    Salt- 3400
    CH- 525
    CYA- 70
    ALK- 150
    Chlorine- 2
    CC- 0
    TC- 2
    PH- 7.8-8 hard to tell

I knew my chlorine would be low, I haven't added in 2 weeks since I found this sight. I am going to use bleach, store brand, the question is what's the dosage and how should I broadcast.

Any other things I should add based on test results?

15,000 Gal Gunite pool/ Jandy Pro Series Stealth 2HP/ Jandy DEL60 sand filter/ Polaris PB4-60

4. Back To Top    #4

Congrats on the new Light Saber. Now you need to read up on Pool School and use our Pool math app (top of page) for it's operating instructions! It'll tell you how much to add for your gallons size to achieve what result you are looking for. Pour bleach slowly in front of a return with the pump running.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

According to poolmath 1 gallon and one cup of 8.25% will take you to your target, which is 8 for your CYA. I would just add a gallon and a half (or so) and test it again in a couple of days. Shoot for 8 ppm, don't want to go lower than 5. HTH. Oh, and Merry Christmas to you!
    15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner

6. Back To Top    #6

Enjoy the kit! Merry Christmas!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Is your water clear? Any signs of algae?

8. Back To Top    #8

How exciting!

Fix the pH first because your CH is heading high and the high TA will tend to drive pH up fairly quickly and that's a recipe for scaling. Then raise FC up to the right level for your CYA.

You don't need to broadcast liquid acid or liquid bleach, just dribble it into the pool in front of a return jet while the pump is on and it will spread out and dilute. A few sweeps with the brush will speed it along. Give yourself half an hour between chemical additions.

Have you read Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals ? That tells you what chemical does what and how to add it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    Is your water clear? Any signs of algae?
    Crystal Clear... No signs at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nlindelldc View Post
    According to poolmath 1 gallon and one cup of 8.25% will take you to your target, which is 8 for your CYA. I would just add a gallon and a half (or so) and test it again in a couple of days. Shoot for 8 ppm, don't want to go lower than 5. HTH. Oh, and Merry Christmas to you!
    I was thinking I read 4 as a target.... Glad you told me that, I will dose today accordingly. Thanks to all. Merry Christmas!

10. Back To Top    #10

See my signature for the Chlorine/CYA chart.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

cclay you might want to add the info on your SWCG to your signature. I'm not sure if the recommendations you're getting are with the knowledge you have the Polaris autoclear ??

With a SWCG and your CYA at 70 you should never drop below 3 and have a target of 5 ppm FC.

Have you done anything to bring the pH down yet ??
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!