Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Upgrade

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Upgrade

Greetings and happy holidays to all! I am planning on getting my pool resurfaced /painted this winter, and was wondering if anyone knew of a good contractor (orthree) working in the Tampa, Florida area? Thanks in advance for the help!
    10,000 Gallon Pebble Tec
    Hayward Star-Clear Plus C900 cartridge filter
    Hayward 1.5 HP pump
    Pool is filled from city water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Upgrade

No help in finding a contractor except to maybe call some pool builders and ask who there plaster person is. I wonder if you could call the makers of the plaster you are thinking of going with and see who has used their products in your area before?

I do want to say I encourage you to go with resurface of the plaster instead of painting. Painting has been shown to be a shorter term fix. I bet you could do a search to find painted pools to give you some real life experiences.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Kim,

Great idea, I hadn't even thought about going from the plaster backwards. I agree with you on the resurface, as we're planning on being here a while, we might as well get it redone now rather than later.

Wade
    10,000 Gallon Pebble Tec
    Hayward 1.5 HP pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Kim has a good idea. For example if you go on PebbleTec's website they will give you a list of installers in the Tampa area. Many of them install other products also.

We find that paint has AT BEST a three year life. The usual life is only really a year.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

5. Back To Top    #5

Painting a pool should be illegal.

Save your pennies and go with the plaster every time. Good luck finding someone.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks to all for the recommendations, I'm going to start shopping around after the New Year.
    10,000 Gallon Pebble Tec
    Hayward 1.5 HP pump