Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Floor drain cover

1. Back To Top    #1
    NW Ohio

Floor drain cover

I have twin drains in the floor of my pool, my pool depth is only about 5ft deep. These drains have a dome type head on them, and walking across the pool you could stub your toe on them, does anyone know if they make a lower profile cover that might work? Any other ideas?

In-ground block / vinyl liner 33' x 22' x 5',, approx 25k gals
    Cartridge Filter
    Floor drains, 2 skimmers, 3 return lines (2" plumbing ultra-flex PVC)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: Floor drain cover

Pool and spa drain covers are designed to prevent entrapment. Unless you have two drains that relieve the pressure, a single drain probably needs to be bowed up or extremely large to make it harder to complete a seal over the top of it.

All Drain covers must be Virginia Graeme Baker Compliant
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Riverside, CA

Ooops, I guess you are just looking for replacement drain covers. If that's the case, all of them protrude into the pool by 3/4"-1"
    33K In ground Pool/Spa, IntelliFlo, IntelliChlor SWG, Easytouch, ScreenLogic, MasterTemp 400, Quad 100, IntelliPH, MiniPebble, Dolphin Z5, POOL BUILD

4. Back To Top    #4

Sacramento, CA

As noted above, all the vgb compliant covers for twin suction drains protrude above the pool surface. If you want to cut the plaster and do a little surgery on the pool there are a varity of solutions (like troughs) that are vgb complaint and do not stick up.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall