Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Clor MorŽ Septic Tab

1. Back To Top    #1

Clor MorŽ Septic Tab

Does anyone have any experience with Clor MorŽ Septic Tabs?

Are they a substitute for standard 3" pucks but do not contain the CYA?

35,000 Gal. - 40x20x8 - Plaster - SWG Pentair IC 60 - Barracuda G3 Vacuum - Hayward c1750 Cartridge Filter - Blue Torrent VS 1.5hp pump - Pool is 45 years old.

"I'd build a deck over my pool if I didn't have a SWG"

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Clor MorŽ Septic Tab

They are calcium hypochlorite tabs that will add calcium to your pool water. Also, cal-hypo typically can not be manufactured as tablets without a special binder material. It usually leaves a very sticky and gooey residue when all of the cal-hypo dissolves.

You really can't use these as a trichlor puck replacement as the left over binder will clog the tubing on an inline feeder. Putting them in a float will leave residue all over your pool.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    They are calcium hypochlorite tabs that will add calcium to your pool water. Also, cal-hypo typically can not be manufactured as tablets without a special binder material. It usually leaves a very sticky and gooey residue when all of the cal-hypo dissolves.

You really can use these as a trichlor puck replacement as the left over binder will clog the tubing on an inline feeder. Putting them in a float will leave residue all over your pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006
    Ewwwww.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Cal Hypo tablets are for septic use and should not be used in pools......period (For emphasis. just repeating what JN has already said)
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Septic and pool should not be used in the same sentence....

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Cal Hypo tablets are for septic use and should not be used in pools......period (For emphasis. just repeating what JN has already said)
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by ewkearns View Post
    Septic and pool should not be used in the same sentence....
    Have a birthday pool party for ten 1st graders and you'd probably be better off swimming in your septic tank

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Have a birthday pool party for ten 1st graders and you'd probably be better off swimming in your septic tank
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

Also... do not put cal hypo based tablets in the same container or a container that was used for trichlor tablets, including an in-line chlorinator. The results could be explosive. Literally.

Pool Chemical Explosion Accident Analysis and Investigation at chemaxx.com
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons